Thursday 9 June 2011

peanut butter and chocolate procrastination

Sup Blogworld!

Life is busy! This is one of (if not THE) busiest times of the year for me. Lucky for you (me? I don't think anyone reads this but me), I am awesome at procrastinating .  For example, tonight instead of doing work that needs to be done, I vacuumed the apartment, put away the clothes off the drying rack, baked cookies, filled all my jars with dry goods, and am now blogging.  Typical.

The other day, when I was making those 12 lovely enveloped and their contents, while reading blogs of course, my eyes fell upon a recipe. A combination of things I don't usually enjoy - peanut butter and chocolate. I LOVE chocolate, and I LOVE peanut butter. So much so in fact, when I was younger, my brother used to tease me for only eating 2 things (besides dessert), peanut butter sandwiches and pancakes. I love them both, independently of one another. I've tasted many a combo and it's been allright, but never love. Well this my friends, was true love.

As I was melting the butter on the stove, I realized I was out of brown sugar. Had this been any other evening, I would have scrapped the whole thing, but as I was procrastinating, I decided to run out and get some. Am I ever glad I did.


I also picked up some chocolate chips to be on the safe side.


Although I took no pictures of the process, here it is when I put it in the oven.

Have you ever seen the episode of Sex and the City when Miranda is eating a chocolate cake. Every time she walks past the cake, she slices off a little piece. Eventually she throws the damn thing in the garbage......and then fishes it out of the garbage to have another piece. These squares were like this for me.... except I didn't throw them in the garbage. I did drop the L bomb about them earlier, and that is a word I won't waste on the garbage.


mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, peanut butter and chocolate, who knew?

Recipe is here*:



*seeing as I am new to blogging, I am not familiar with blog etiquette. I love this recipe, and feel the need to share this recipe, so I am linking this recipe. I hope that is how it works. If not, my sincerest apologies.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home