Monday 6 June 2011

crafty, winey love

This weekend I celebrated the anniversary with my love. We have been together for one short year, but it`s been the best year I have ever spent with someone.

I got the idea for my gift to him here:
http://jordanferney.blogspot.com/2011/04/envelope-surprise.html

So, I made 12 envelopes, and put a different gift in each one. Things like cd`s (he just got a new car that doesn`t fit his i-pod. His old car ONLY fit an i-pod), a bottle of wine, batch of cookies, homemade coupons, etc. He loved it!! He brought me to my favourite area of our provience, and took me on a few Wineary tours. It was a lovely, lovely weekend.

It started with breakfast in bed. He brought me my summertime favourite. Greek yog, strawberries and granola. Not just any granola, but my homemade granola. I have been trying out granola recipes for ages, searching and modifiying to find the perfect one. I think I may have found it.


I used this ``basic granola formula``
http://chocolateandzucchini.com/archives/2010/11/basic_granola_formula.php

Here are my specifics:
3 cups oats
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup quinoa
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 tsp sea salt
3 tbsp coconut oil
5-6 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
5 tbsp of ground flax soaked in 5 tbsp of water
small handful chocolate chips
bake at 300 for 25 ish minutes. I stirred every 7 minutes or so. I took it out when it looked just about done, then let it sit a bit. (and tested a bit;) SOOOOO delish.

I personally don`t like dried fruit. I personally LOVE and need chocolate. I used the nuts I had on hand. I had tried quinoa in granola I made before and enjoyed it, which is why I added it here.










Squares from last post coming soon. In the meantime, go make this granola. Add what you like. You WON`T be sorry !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home