Wednesday 1 June 2011

to box or not to box?


Helllllooooo!
Yes, I am still alive. Medium forgot I created this blog. Definetly forgot to photo document my life. Whoops! I had to wait until my lovey tax return came back to buy a camera. If you are thinking about starting a blog, I'd say the 2 most neessary items are a computer and a camera. I only had half of these items. Silly time to start a blog, eh? Ah well, now I'm ready to go.

The title of this post does not refer to boxing the sport. Not a big fan actually.  Can't say I like seeing people fight. It's all about boxed baking mixes-you know, just add water. You know, no fail. Well, let me tell you, blog land, I fail at boxed baking mixes a lot. Brownies, cakes, doesn't matter, I eff it up. I don't know how this is possible, but somehow, it is.

Anyways, I thought I'd try a new-to-me pancake mix. I have read all about Kodiak on several blogs, but hae never, ever seen it in stores. Being from Canada that is no surprise. Lots and lots of products reviewed on blogs is unavaiable in my dear country. I just put the product name in my brain bank for my next visit to the US. Then I saw a box of Kodiak Cakes in Winners. WOOOOOOAH momma!




















It was the May 2-4 long weekend. I decided to celebrate with pancakes. So, I poured myself a cup of coffee (or 3....), threw on my favourite cartigan, and got to work!





1/2 cup of mix and a 1/2 cup of water. No fail. Although it was really watery. I prefer my pancakes to be a little thicker. I guess I should have put in a bit more mix at this point.... but I thought, maybe they will magically thicken up on their own?
After they didn't magically thicken up on their own (speaking of magic, I saw the preview for the final Harry Potter movie last night, looks amazzzzzzzing!!!), I got all my fixings ready. Pancakes topped with greek yogurt (new to Canada and my heart), strawberries (bring on summer!), local pure maple syrup, and unsweetened coconut flakes. I believe almond butter was also in the mix.

And the grand finale...... I forgot to take a picture of. Whoops!!! Being a blogger is hard work. I don't know how y'all do it.  These pancakes were devine (although next time I will add less water). Made with all natural, prounancable ingredients, and 100% whole grains, they were 100% my style. One of the best mixes I`ve ever used.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home